New Delhi: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Malta for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism. The MoU will be signed during the upcoming visit of the Vice President to Malta.
Main objectives of the MoU are:
- To encourage the quality destination of the tourism industry in both countries;
- To increase tourist arrivals in both countries from the entire world through the territories of India and Malta;
- Promoting human resource development in tourism and travel-related industries in both countries;
- To contribute to a new tourism, offer, particularly through the promotion of natural and tangible, and intangible cultural heritage, the development of sustainable tourism and the use of information technologies; and
- To recognize that tourism is a means to foster a relationship between peoples of the two countries.
This MoU will help the two parties in creating an institutional mechanism for enhancing cooperation in the tourism sector. It will also help India in increasing foreign tourist arrivals from Malta. This, in turn, will result in economic development and employment generation.
The MoU will create favourable conditions for long-term tourism cooperation for the mutual benefits of all stakeholders within the broader framework and areas of cooperation. It will also explore to incorporate the best practices in order to implement the measures that will realize its objectives.