New Delhi: Steps taken by the Government to increase awareness about the features of Goods and Services Tax (GST) are as follows:
- Conducting workshops and seminars regularly across the country,
- Posting of laws, rules, notifications and other information on the departmental website,
- The placing of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and topic-wise and sector-wise informational brochures on the website,
- The setting up of GST Seva Kendras in GST field offices to provide assistance to taxpayers and other stakeholders,
- Extensive use of social media platforms for dissemination of information, broadcast of television commercials,
- The release of advertisements in newspapers, display of information on hoardings across the country.
While planning the aforesaid outreach activities, care was taken to specifically address the needs and concerns of the unorganized sector.
Helpline services have been provided by the Government to address the queries related to the functioning of GST. Taxpayers can call on toll-free number 1800-1200-232 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The helpdesk of Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) can be reached either by calling on 0120–4888999 or through grievance redressal portal at https://selfservice.gstsystem.in.